Students sometimes find that problems at home or at College can affect their work or physical or mental well-being.
Students may be:
- losing sleep over a problem
- feeling lonely, depressed, anxious or exhausted
- struggling to cope with College, work, relationships or home-life
Although Personal Tutors are always happy to discuss problems, students can sometimes find it easier to talk things through with a trained Counsellor who is not directly involved in the student’s situation.
The counselling service offers a confidential service to all students. Students can talk through their situations, explore their choices and find possible steps forward.
Counselling is provided by Relate’s Youth Counselling Service. The service is offered in a number of local schools and Counsellors are experienced in working with young people and adults.
Where and when
The daily College Counselling service is based upstairs in the Priory building. Counsellors are available by appointment and students can make appointments by:
- e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- making an appointment through their Personal Tutor or Senior Tutor/Pastoral Director
- contacting the local Relate office in Reigate or Epsom. Telephone 01737 245212 (Reigate) or 01306 722976 (Epsom) to make an appointment. Students will need to show their College ID on their first visit.
Should a student need to cancel a College Counselling appointment, they should email email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.
More information, including helpline numbers, useful internet links and suggestions for local sources of support can be obtained from the Counsellor. Please also visit the Information for Current Parents webpage on this website. Alternatively, the following website may be of interest: www.counselling-directory.org.uk.