Continuing Professional Development
One of the defining features of working in a profession is the requirement to maintain skills and knowledge as your career progresses. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an integral part of moving from the Initial Teacher Training that you receive when you enter the profession to developing wider skills as you continue to teach in the future.
Like all outstanding education institutions, Reigate College focuses closely on ensuring its staff have every opportunity to improve their practice. This includes:
- A rigorous programme of induction for all new staff
- In house updating on areas such as Safeguarding
- Attendance at Exam Board training days on assessment and delivery
- ILT INSET from our Media and Communications Centre
- Best practice sharing focused on teaching and learning strategies
- Guest speakers on specific areas of focus, for example Grade 1 teaching
Above and beyond the programmes offered in house, we are pleased to offer a wider range of CPD in collaboration with our local partners. Some of the programmes and conferences organised in conjunction with our partners are open to delegates from other institutions.