Open evenings for entry to Reigate College in September 2017 were held between 6.30pm and 8.30pm on:
Unfortunately the College is unable to offer guided tours during term-time. Students in Year 11 who missed this Autumn’s open events are advised to make an application before the initial cut-off date of 1st November 2016 and if they are subsequently invited for interview this will provide an opportunity to see a more limited view of the College’s facilities.
Alternatively, please see the College’s 360 degree tour (but note this requires updating since recent building work).
Below is the information given to visitors before this autumn's Open Evenings.
Principal's Talks and video screenings of Principal’s Talk
Ticketed Principal’s Talks will take place at the following times in the Paul Rispoli Theatre:
6.30pm, 7.05pm and 7.40pm
If you’re planning on hearing the talk, please collect tickets for the Principal’s Talk on arrival, so you can organise your visit around your allocated time. Tickets are available for collection outside the Rispoli Theatre (on the Refectory side of College).
Please queue outside the Rispoli Theatre, on the Refectory side of College, a few minutes before your allocated talk. Note, in the spirit of fairness, visitors will not be admitted without tickets.
Video screenings of Principal’s Talk
Video screenings of the Principal’s Talk (recorded in advance) will be shown in the New Refectory at the following times:
6.45pm, 7.20pm and 7.55pm
These are intended for visitors who find the timings more convenient than the live talks, or who don’t get in to hear the live talks. TICKETS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THE VIDEO SCREENINGS.
Visitors are asked to queue for the video screenings outside the New Refectory, a few minutes before their preferred viewing time.
Orientation and what to do when you arrive
How to get the most out of your Open Event visit
- Familiarise yourself with the Reigate College campus map in advance of your visit. This can be downloaded here and highlights which subject staff will be available in which buildings and rooms.
- Visit the Admissions desk in the Refectory to pick up a prospectus pack (unless applying from a Partner School (i.e. de Stafford, Oakwood, Reigate or Warwick), as these will be given out via the school.
Please note, students from non-partner-schools might want to hand in their completed application forms during the evening, at the Admissions desk in the Refectory, as places are date stamped and offered according to the Admissions Policy.
- Discuss course options with teaching staff (in allocated classrooms) and pick up course leaflets. See A to Z course finder. Printable course leaflets are also downloadable from the individual courses pages on the website.
- Go to the Refectory to find out about extra-curricular clubs and activites, Competitive Sport, Learning Support, Careers Department, the Students’ Union, College’s Aspire Programmes and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award scheme.
- Have a look around the College campus, including the Refectory, Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre (previously the College Library), Forum and Learning Support Department. See campus map above.
- Talk to current students, including members of the Students’ Union and Student Ambassadors who will be located in classrooms and across the College campus
Travel and parking information
Parking can be difficult, especially at the beginning of Open Evenings, so please take public transport, park in local public car-parks (Town Hall, Upper West Street, Bancroft Road multi-storey or Morrisons (note the latter has a strict 2 hour limit), or park on local roads and walk if at all possible.
The College's car-park is at the back of College on Rushworth Road (with an overflow car park at Watson Wyatt - but only later on in the evening and under the strict guidance of College staff). PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK.
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Castlefield Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF.
For map see www.reigate.ac.uk/contact-us
Bus timetables can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/bus-timetables/redhill,-horley-and-east-surrey-bus-timetables
Reigate Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
FAQs and contact form
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
What should I do if I don’t get to talk to the staff I need to during the Open Event?
Please email email@example.com and an appropriate member of staff will email you back at the earliest opportunity.
Complete our on-line survey, following your visit to one of our 2016 Open Events.