The Reigate College community has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of the young people in their care; our students.
- we have a Safeguarding Policy and procedures;
- all staff including our volunteers and supply staff are aware of our procedures;
- our students, their parents/carers may obtain copies if they wish.
Sometimes there are concerns about a young person's welfare. In this situation:
- we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies;
- we will discuss our concerns first with the student and their parents/carers, unless we have reason to believe that doing so would be contrary to the young person's welfare.
Our Safeguarding Team is:
- Melanie Pearl and Susan Carnell: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Sally Hopper: Student & Pastoral Support Manager
- Sarah Walters: Designated Safeguarding Lead
Anyone who is concerned about a young person's welfare should discuss their concerns as soon as possible with a member of the Safeguarding Team.
The College’s Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded in PDF format. Alternatively please contact Reception on 01737 221118 to arrange to be sent a printed copy. There may be a small charge for this service.