Open evenings for entry to Reigate College in September 2022 will be held between 6.00pm and 8.30pm on:
Open Events offer the best opportunity to get a feel for what life as a Reigate College student will be like.
The College’s Open Events can get extremely busy. It’s recommended that you collect a ticket for the Principal’s Talk on arrival so that you can arrange your visit around it.
Plan your visit
Principal’s Talks will take place at the following times in the Rispoli Theatre:
6.00pm and 7.00pm
Seats for the first Principal’s Talk will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Due to the volume of visitors, the second talk will be ticketed.
Guests are asked to queue for talks outside the Rispoli Theatre Foyer 10 mins prior to the start time.
Video screenings of Principal’s Talk
During each of the events, a video recording of the Principal’s Talk will be shown in the New Refectory at the following times:
6.15pm, 6.45pm, 7.15pm and 7.45pm
These are for visitors who can’t get in to the live talks or who find the times more convenient. Tickets are not required for these.
Visitors are asked to queue for the video screenings outside the New Refectory, a few minutes before the start time.
Talks about the College’s Aspire Programme will be shown in the ground floor Enhancement Centre at:
6.45pm and 7.45pm
These talks are suitable for students considering Oxbridge or other top universities, and those interested in pursuing careers in particularly competitive fields such as Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry.
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES
Please pick up the campus map and guidance notes on arrival and allow around 2 hours for your visit – and remember the event ends at 8.30pm.
1. Visit the Admissions desk in the Refectory to pick up a prospectus pack (unless applying from a Partner School (i.e. de Stafford, Oakwood, Reigate or Warwick), as these will be given out via the school.
Please note, students from non-partner-schools may want to hand in their completed application forms during the evening, at the Admissions desk in the Refectory, as places are date stamped and offered according to the Admissions Policy.
2. Discuss course options with teaching staff (in allocated classrooms) and pick up course leaflets. See A to Z course finder. Printable course leaflets are also downloadable from the individual courses pages on the website.
3. Go to the Refectory to find out about extra-curricular clubs and activites, Competitive Sport, Learning Support, Careers, Students’ Union, College’s Aspire (including Medics) Programmes and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award scheme.
4. Have a look around the College campus, including the Refectory, Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre and Learning Support Department. See campus map above.
5. Talk to current students, including members of the Students’ Union and Student Ambassadors who will be located in classrooms and across the College campus.
Parking can be difficult due to the large number of visitors, so please take public transport, park in local public car parks (Bell Street, Upper West Street, Bancroft Road multi-storey or Morrisons (note the latter has a strict 2 hour limit), or park on local roads and walk if at all possible). See the Council’s Reigate Car Parks website for locations.
The College’s car park is at the back of College on Rushworth Road.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK.
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Rushworth Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF
For map see www.reigate.ac.uk/contact-us
Local bus timetables (link to Surrey County Council website)
Reigate Train Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
What should I do if I don’t get to talk to the staff I need to during the Open Event?
Please email email@example.com and an appropriate member of staff will email you back at the earliest opportunity.
How long should I allow for my visit?
You should allow 2 hours for your visit. Please bear this in mind if planning on arriving later in the evening. The evenings will finish promptly at 8.30pm.
Please complete our feedback questionnaire outside the New Refectory following your visit to one of our Open Events.