Please book in advance for this year’s Open Events. These are taking place between 6.00pm and 8.30pm on:
This year’s Open Events will be returning to the face-to-face variety! For the safety of all our visitors, staff and student helpers, we have taken the decision that all visitors will need to pre-book tickets (so that we can limit the number of people on site).
Due to the popularity of our Open Events, each prospective student will only be able to bring a maximum of one parent or guardian with them. This is to give everyone who would like to come, the best chance of getting a ticket.
Please book an Open Evening ticket for your preferred date using the links below. If you would like to attend one of the Principal’s Talks you will need to book separate tickets for these – see Principal’s Talks heading below.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE EVENT DETAILS ON EACH EVENT PAGE.
THERE WILL BE NO PARKING FOR VISITORS ON SITE (OTHER THAN FOR BLUE BADGE HOLDERS) DUE TO ONGOING BUILDING WORK. See Travel and Parking information below.
If you need to change a booking, please email CollegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk NOT firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan your visit
Principal’s Talks, Welcome Talks, and Aspire Talks
You will need to book a separate ticket (in advance) to attend a Principal’s Talk. Each ticket will admit a maximum of one prospective student and one parent/guardian.
The talks will be taking place at 6.30pm and 7.30pm in the Rispoli Theatre.
Please click one of the links below to book a Principal’s Talk ticket for your preferred date. PLEASE ALSO CAREFULLY READ THE EVENT DETAILS ON EACH EVENT PAGE.
- Principal’s Talk at 6.30pm on Thursday 30 September
- Principal’s Talk at 7.30pm on Thursday 30 September
- Principal’s Talk at 6.30pm on Monday 4 October
- Principal’s Talk at 7.30pm on Monday 4 October
- Principal’s Talk at 6.30pm on Tuesday 5 October
- Principal’s Talk at 7.30pm on Tuesday 5 October
Optional Welcome Talk and Information Films
If you’re unable to get a ticket for the Principal’s Talk, or have limited time, please don’t worry! There will be a short (approx. 10-15 minutes) introductory session in the Refectory at 6.15pm, 6.45pm, 7.15pm and 7.45pm. Booking is NOT required for these.
The head of the College’s Aspire Programme (for students who are likely to get an average GCSE score of 6 or above) will be giving a 15-20 minute talk about how the College supports academically able students.
These will take place in the Independent Learning Centre (above the main College Reception) at 7.00pm and 8.00pm and booking is not required.
These talks are suitable for students considering Oxbridge or other top universities, and those interested in pursuing careers in particularly competitive fields such as Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry.
1. Please pick up our latest prospectus and a campus map when you arrive and allow around 1- 2 hours for your visit. Please remember, the event ends at 8.30pm.
2. Due to the number of visitors on site we are unable to offer guided tours. Please use the campus map to work out a plan of which departments to visit, via a self-guided tour. There will be plenty of staff stationed across the campus to help navigate you, to where you want to go.
3. It’s recommended you talk to staff and student representatives for each of the subjects you’re considering.
4. Please use the QR code on the back of the campus map to find out more about each of the courses we offer as you go around. The QR codes takes you to our A to Z course finder.
4. Head to the Marquee (situated next to the Sports Hall) if you want to speak to someone about one of the following areas: Admissions, Activities Programme, Careers, Competitive Sport, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Learning Support, Mentoring, Students’ Union, Transport/Bursaries and Careers/Work Experience.
5. You might want to include the following in your tour: Refectory, Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre and Learning Support Department. The College’s sports fields are near Reigate Priory Cricket and Tennis Clubs, but these are unfortunately not open to visitors as part of our Open Events.
There will be no parking on site for any visitors other than blue badge holders, due to on-going building work at the College.
Please therefore walk if you live locally, take public transport (see links below) or park in local public car parks (Bell Street, Upper West Street, Bancroft Road multi-storey or Morrisons (the latter has a strict 2 hour limit). See the Council’s Reigate Car Parks website for locations.
We have managed to secure limited parking in the Willis Towers Watson car park: Watson House, London Road, Reigate, RH2 9PQ, which will operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK ON RUSHWORTH ROAD.
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Rushworth Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF
For map see www.reigate.ac.uk/contact-us
Local bus timetables (link to Surrey County Council website)
Reigate Train Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
What should I do if I don’t get to talk to the staff I need to during the Open Event?
Please email email@example.com and an appropriate member of staff will email you back at the earliest opportunity.
How long should I allow for my visit?
You should allow 2 hours for your visit. Please bear this in mind if planning on arriving later in the evening. The evenings will finish promptly at 8.30pm.
Please complete our feedback questionnaire outside the New Refectory following your visit to one of our Open Events.