This year’s Open Events will take place between 6.00pm and 8.30pm on:
Our next round of Open Evenings will be taking place on 4, 6 and 10 October 2022, 6pm to 8.30pm.
Please ensure you book a ticket in advance for the Open Evening you wish to attend and note that due to building work there will be NO PARKING FOR VISITORS ON SITE – please see Travel and Parking Information below.
Each ticket admits one prospective student and up to two accompanying adults.
Please ensure you bring your ticket (including QR code) with you to the event (either a clear printed copy or on your phone). Ticket QR codes will be scanned at the entrances.
Due to ongoing building work at the College (due to be completed January 2023) there is unfortunately NO PARKING ON THE COLLEGE CAMPUS other than for Blue Badge Holders who are requested to park in the Rushworth Road College car park. Please email email@example.com if you are a Blue Badge holder so we can reserve you a space.
There are several public car parks within easy walking distance from The College. See the Council’s Reigate Car Parks website for locations.
The College is also hoping to have use of the Willis Towers Watson car park, but this has only LIMITED parking. Address: Watson House, London Road, Reigate, RH2 9PQ.
Please note the Morrisons car park in Reigate town centre has a new 90 minute limit, so it is advised NOT to park there to avoid being fined.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK ON RUSHWORTH ROAD.
Local bus timetables (link to Surrey County Council website)
Reigate Train Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Rushworth Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF
1. Please ensure you have your tickets (with barcode) with you (either a good quality print out or on your phone). Barcodes will be scanned on arrival.
2. Please pick up our latest prospectus (if you don’t already have one) and a campus map when you arrive and allow around 2+ hours for your visit. Please remember, the event ends promptly at 8.30pm.
3. If you wish to hear one of the Principal’s Talks (at 6.15pm and 7.15pm) please queue outside the Rispoli Theatre for the first one (seats are offered on a first-come, first-served basis) or collect a ticket (outside the Rispoli Theatre) as early as you can before 7.15pm for the second one.
4. If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk (see more info below), please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm and 7.45pm start.
5. Please go to the ground floor of the Independent Learning Centre if you want to speak to someone about one of the following areas: Admissions, Activities Programme, Careers, Competitive Sport, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Learning Support, Mentoring, Students’ Union, Transport/Bursaries and Careers/Work Experience.
6. Due to the number of visitors on site we are unable to offer guided tours. Please use the campus map that you will be given on arrival to work out a plan of which departments to visit, via a self-guided tour. There will be plenty of staff stationed across the campus to help with navigation.
7. Please use the QR codes on the back of campus map (given out on the night) to find out more about the courses we offer (see A to Z course finder ) and how and when to apply. There are also links to two films we recommend watching to give you some background to the College.
8. It’s recommended you talk to staff and student representatives for each of the subjects you’re considering.
9. You might want to include the following in your tour: Refectory, Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre and Learning Support Department. The College’s sports fields are near Reigate Priory Cricket and Tennis Clubs, but these are unfortunately not open to visitors as part of our Open Events.
You will be given a map of the College campus when you arrive, to help with navigation to the departments you’d like to visit, and there will be plenty of students and staff available to help with directions. Take a look at our Virtual Tours of the College (note the latter will be updated once the current round of building work is completed in January 2023)
If you wish to hear one of the Principal’s Talks (at 6.15pm and 7.15pm) please queue outside the Rispoli Theatre for the first one (seats are offered on a first-come, first-served basis) or collect a ticket (outside the Rispoli Theatre) before 7.15pm for the second one.
There are limited spaces for the Principal’s Talks and we apologise in advance that we will be unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to hear a Principal’s Talk.
If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk – for students who are likely to achieve an average GCSE score of around 6 -7 or above, please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm or 7.45pm start.
The Aspire Talks will give an insight into how the College supports its most academic students.
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
What should I do if I don’t get to talk to the staff I need to during the Open Event?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an appropriate member of staff will email you back at the earliest opportunity.
How long should I allow for my visit?
You should allow 2 – 2.5 hours for your visit. Please bear this in mind if planning on arriving later in the evening. The evenings will finish promptly at 8.30pm.