College students have undertaken a variety of workplace experiences this week, giving them the opportunity to gain valuable insights into the working world.
Placements have included:
- A work shadowing day with bespoke business software development company ISB Inc
- Insight visits, including meeting apprentices in software engineering, business/procurement, 3D CAD design, with French multinational Thales in Crawley
- An innovation experience day developing skills in planning, project management, creativity, team working and presentation skills with John Lewis
- Architecture Insight visits with Reigate-based WS Planning & Architecture
- Insight visits, including an overview of their apprenticeship programme and interview practice, with Willis Towers Watson
- Work-shadowing at Hartsfield Manor
Our thanks goes to all the companies who have supported our students by offering these experiences.
The College would welcome hearing from anyone who could offer similar opportunities of a workplace experience. Please contact Work Experience Coordinator Sam Burnett to find out more.