The College’s Careers Programme is delivered by a team of four staff, led by the College’s Careers Leader, Ellen Walkinshaw.
Situated in E105 on the first floor of the Enhancement Centre, the Careers Department is open from 9.00 – 4.30pm every day in term time, with staff offering a range of help and advice, including:
- Ensuring students are aware of the range of pathways open to them after leaving college, both academic and vocational
- Supporting students through the university application process (UCAS) and helping with applications to specialist colleges, such as Art and Performing Arts Colleges
- Ensuring students have access to up-to-date Labour Market Information to help inform their decisions.
- Helping students to gain experiences of the workplace
- Assisting with applications for employment, CV writing and mock interviews
- Arranging lunchtime talks that provide students with a range of encounters with further education, higher education, employers and employees
In the Spring Term the College’s Get Ahead Day for Lower Sixth students is attended by around 100 universities and 25 employers and Gap Year organisations. Students also attend a programme of talks and workshops run by College staff and visiting speakers to help them consider the range of pathways open to them after leaving college. During the Spring Term parents are invited to an event outlining various progression routes and explaining how the Colleges’ Careers Programme supports students.
A further Careers Fair is held in June and at the end of June Lower Sixth students attend Progression Day, during which they attend talks about career opportunities relating to the subjects they study and receive advice on making successful university or employment applications.
In the Upper Sixth students join a tutorial pathway that will support them in their progression after they leave Reigate College, whether this be into higher or further education, an apprenticeship or employment.
See Careers and Progression information for current students, and also visit that page if you are a former Reigate College student wishing to apply to university.