Reigate College’s results have bucked the national trend, with this year’s results showing an improvement against last year, making our 2022 results the best ever.
Despite the proportion of high grades (A* to B) falling nationally to 63%, Reigate College’s high grades increased to 68.1% for A Levels and 71.56% for BTEC Level 3.
• 124 students achieved three or more A* or A grades at A Level
• 20 students achieved four or more A* or A grades at A Level
• 35% of entries were awarded an A or A* at A Level
• Nearly a quarter of all Level 3 BTEC grades were awarded a Distinction* (equivalent to A* at A Level)
• 9 students secured places at either Oxford or Cambridge
• Thomas Burke, received the highest result in the country for A Level Chemistry (Salters)
Principal Nick Clark, commented, “We’re absolutely delighted with these results. They demonstrate not only how our students and staff have worked together tirelessly over the last two years to help mitigate the impact of Covid, they also validate our staff’s professional judgement when it comes to results (given that for the two previous years, students received Teacher Assessed Grades).”
“As these were the first public exams for this cohort, this year’s Results Day will have undoubtedly felt more nerve-racking than usual, for students and parents alike. The vast majority of families will be able to rest easy now, with most students securing their first choice or insurance places at university.”
With so many students achieving such great results, we’ve only been able to single out a handful.