To access different kinds of support, please select from the list of options below.

Pastoral Support

As a student at the College you will find there is an excellent system of pastoral support, in which your Personal Tutor plays a lead role.

As your Personal Tutor will also be one of your course teachers, you’ll get to see them four times a week during lesson time, in addition to once a week during a timetabled Tutorial period. This means they’ll get to know you well, and will be responsible for you throughout your time at College.

Your Personal Tutor will be one of the main people with whom you can discuss any academic, personal or social problems and if they don’t know the answer, they will direct you to someone who will.

Each Personal Tutor has either a Senior Tutor, Pastoral Director or Associate Pastoral Director with whom they work closely with. This person is rather like a Head of Year or Assistant Head of Year from school and this will also be someone to whom you can talk if you are finding it difficult at College for whatever reason, be it work, home life, friendship issues or anything which is distracting you from your studies.

If you would like to make contact with the pastoral member of staff responsible for you, you can:

  1. Ask your Personal Tutor who she or he is, and you can then email them directly.
  2. Go to Reception where a member of the Reception team will also be able to direct you to the appropriate person.
  3. Email with a request to see someone and they will pass this request on to the pastoral member of staff responsible for you.

Subject Support

If you’re having difficulties in your studies, then first of all speak to your class teacher. Each department has timetabled support sessions to help you better understand or catch up with work in your chosen courses. These can be added to your timetable to ensure you get the support needed to be successful on your course.

For more information talk to your relevant subject teacher.

Learner Improvement Programme

If you’re having difficulties organising yourself and your time and keeping up-to-date with deadlines, then the Learner Improvement Programme will support you with regular timetabled sessions in the Learning Support Centre. The sessions will give you the resources, time and space to get on with your work in a quiet working environment.

You can ask your teacher to refer you to the programme or talk to a member of staff in the Learning Support Centre located in P103 (first floor Priory Building).

Learning Support

If you have additional needs that are affecting your studies and you need particular support to help you access the curriculum or specialist learning support, the College has a bespoke Learning Support Department located in P103 where you can get help throughout the whole of the College day.

In some cases depending on the level of need, the Learning Support Department will also arrange for you to be assessed for Exam Access Arrangements.

For more information call in to the Learning Support Department in P103.

Careers Support

As a student at the College you have access to the Careers’ Department which is located in E102 (first floor Enhancement Centre) and open every day from 9am to 5pm and has four dedicated members of Careers’ staff.

A Careers Bulletin is emailed to your student email account every week with details about Careers events and opportunities. Please follow the link for the latest copy.

If you need Careers advice you can request a one-to-one careers interview with Careers staff and if you’re interested in gaining work experience you can make an appointment with the College’s work experience co-ordinator who is also based in E102.

For further information about Careers Support email

Mentoring and Peer Mentoring

If you want some help settling into College or getting organised with your work or just some reassurance, there is a mentoring scheme in place to help you.

You can request to have a Peer Mentor who will be a student in their second or third year at College who is willing to meet up with you on a regular basis to help you make the transition from school to College.

Alternatively, there is a Mentoring Scheme with a trained member of staff who can meet you on a regular basis to discuss your concerns and help keep you on track.

For information on either scheme, please email

Confidential Counselling

If you’re struggling emotionally while at College and find yourself losing sleep over a problem or feeling lonely, depressed, anxious or exhausted or you are struggling to cope with College, work, relationships or home-life, you can request an appointment with the College’s Counselling Service.

The Counselling Service is run by qualified youth counsellors and offers a confidential service. You can talk through your situation, explore the choices available to you and find possible steps forward.

For more information email

DHC Talking Therapies

If you are over 18 and registered with a GP in Surrey, Talking Therapies is a local free and confidential NHS service offering a wide range of talking therapies to help and support you through common difficulties such as depression, anxiety, panic, stress, phobias, OCD, trauma, sleeping difficulties and distress.

Visit the DHC Talking Therapies website and watch their video.

Wellbeing and Mental Health

Student wellbeing is at the very heart of the Reigate College community. Please take a look at the College’s Wellbeing Tips video:

Top tips for maintaining and improving your wellbeing