Open evenings for entry to Reigate College in September 2024 were held between 6.00pm and 8.30pm on:
We operate a ticketing system for Open Evenings in order to manage the number of visitors on site.
The information below will be updated in due course
Please only book ONE TICKET for each prospective student. Each ticket will also admit up to two accompanying adults. Please book using the student’s name (rather than parent’s name).
Please ensure you bring your ticket (including QR code) with you to the event (either a clear printed copy or on your phone). Ticket QR codes will be scanned at the entrances.
Open Evening 1
Open Evening 2
Open Evening 3
1. Please ensure you have your tickets (with QR code) with you (either a good quality print out or on your phone). QR codes will be scanned on arrival.
2. Please pick up our latest prospectus (if you don’t already have one) and a campus map when you arrive, and allow around 2+ hours for your visit. Please remember, the event ends promptly at 8.30pm.
3. If you wish to hear one of the Principal’s Talks (at 6.15pm and 7.15pm) please collect a ticket from outside the Rispoli Theatre when you arrive.
4. As the Principal’s Talks fill up extremely quickly, screenings of two overview films will be shown in the ground floor of the Independent Learning Centre at 6.30pm, 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm. Places for these are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets are not required. The films serve as an ‘overflow’ to the Principal’s Talks, but are also a good way of hearing about different aspects of College life.
5. If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk (see more info in section below), please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm or 7.45pm start.
5. There will be an Information Fair on the ground floor of the Refectory, with staffed stands for the following areas: Admissions, Enrichment Activities Programme, Bursaries, Careers & Work Experience, Competitive Sport, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Learning Support, Mentoring, Students’ Union.
6. Due to the number of visitors on site, we are unable to offer guided tours. Please use the campus map that you will be given on arrival to work out a plan of which departments to visit, via a self-guided tour. There will be plenty of staff stationed across the campus to help with navigation.
7. Please use the QR codes on the back of campus map to guide you to more information, including our A to Z course finder and a link to films we recommend watching to give you some background to the College.
8. It’s recommended you talk to staff and student representatives for each of the subjects you’re considering.
9. You might want to include the following in your tour: Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre and Supported Learning Centre (first floor Priory Building). The College’s sports fields are near Reigate Priory Cricket and Tennis Clubs, but these are unfortunately not open to visitors as part of our Open Events.
What do I do If I’m no longer able to attend or want to change the date I’ve booked?
To cancel your place – please revisit the event you booked by clicking on the appropriate Open Event date on the College calendar. Near the bottom of that page you will see the option to ‘Change my RSVP’
Click this button, enter your email address used to make the original booking, then simply change your response to ‘No’ before clicking on ‘Submit’. The QR code you received in your confirmation email will no longer be valid.
To change the date you have booked, you will need to change your RSVP to ‘No’ (as above) and book a new RSVP ticket for your preferred date. Please be aware that College Open Evenings are extremely popular, so it is essential that you cancel any unwanted tickets, allowing others the opportunity to attend.
Can both parents/carers attend?
Yes. Each RSVP ticket admits up to two accompanying parents/carers, so PLEASE ONLY BOOK ONE TICKET FOR ONE EVENING.
What if we have twins – do I book two tickets?
No. If you have multiple year 11 students wishing to attend, please book only one ticket and include multiple names in the name fields.
Can siblings attend?
As the events are oversubscribed, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate younger siblings. These events are designed for Year 11 students and their parents/carers. In the event that you are unable to arrange alternative childcare, please email collegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk but please also be aware that the campus is incredibly busy during these evenings and may not be an enjoyable experience for younger siblings.
Is my year 10 student eligible to attend?
These events are designed for, and restricted to, Year 11 students and their parents/carers only. As the events are oversubscribed, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate prospective students from any other year groups.
If you are keen to inspire a younger student, our website has a wealth of information on what our courses cover and, importantly, what GCSE subjects and grades are required to enrol on them. There are also videos for most subjects and lots of photos and College news stories on our website.
Please also take a look at our Alumni pages for inspirational stories of what former Reigate College students have gone on to accomplish. If you follow us on Instagram and Facebook you’ll be the first to hear all the latest news.
I’ve tried to book a ticket, but all three Open Evenings are showing as ‘sold out’. What do I do?
College Open Evenings are extremely popular and do fill up fast. We do not run a waiting list, however we do get cancellations so please keep checking the website in case a place becomes available.
Comprehensive information about the College and our courses can be found at www.reigate.ac.uk
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
For all other booking enquiries, please email collegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk
Due to the pressure on parking spaces, there will unfortunately be NO PARKING ON THE COLLEGE CAMPUS for visitors other than for Blue Badge Holders who are requested to park in the Rushworth Road College car park. If you are a Blue Badge holder, so we can reserve you a space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the student’s name, vehicle registration and the date you have booked to attend.
There are several public car parks within easy walking distance from The College. See the Council’s Reigate Car Parks website for locations.
Please note the Morrisons car park in Reigate town centre has a two hour limit, so it is advised NOT to park there to avoid being fined.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK ON RUSHWORTH ROAD.
Local bus timetables (link to Surrey County Council website)
Reigate Train Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Rushworth Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF
At Open Evenings, does the College offer additional assistance to prospective students with visual or hearing impairments?
Yes, in some circumstances it is possible to arrange a BSL signer or guide to assist a prospective student during the event, however this will depend on availability. Please email studentServices@reigate.ac.uk at least seven days prior to the event, or as soon as possible, so that the College can make enquiries. We can also arrange parking on site for Blue Badge holders at our Open Evenings. To reserve a place, please email CollegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk with your name, the student’s name, vehicle registration and the date you have booked to attend.
English isn’t our first language, but we’d like to attend the Open Evenings
If you require a language translator, please email studentServices@reigate.ac.uk at least seven days prior to the event, or as soon as possible, so that the College can make enquiries.
Is the College wheelchair accessible?
Yes. There are lifts located in each building, together with accessible toilet facilities. We can also arrange parking on site for Blue Badge holders at our Open Evenings. To reserve a place, please email CollegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk with your name, the student’s name, vehicle registration and the date you have booked to attend.
Principal’s Talks will take place at 6.15pm and 7.15pm in the Rispoli Theatre. If you’d like to attend one of these, please collect a ticket from outside the Rispoli Theatre, as soon as you arrive on site. Anyone who misses getting in, will be encouraged to watch the screenings of our two overview films.
As the Principal’s Talks fill up extremely quickly, screenings of two overview films will be shown in the ground floor of the Independent Learning Centre at 6.30pm, 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm.
Places for these are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets are not required. The films serve as an ‘overflow’ to the Principal’s Talks, but are also a good way of hearing about different aspects of College life.
If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk – for students who are likely to achieve an average GCSE score of around 6.2 or above, please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm or 7.45pm start.
The Aspire Talks will give an insight into how the College supports its most academic students.
If you have any further queries that haven’t been answered above, please get in touch by emailing collegeEvents@reigate.ac.uk