The College’s next Open Events will take place between 6.00pm and 8.00pm on:
Open Evenings for entry to Reigate College in September 2024 will be taking place on
3, 5 and 9 October 2023 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
We will once again be operating a ticketing system so as to manage the number of visitors on site.
BOOKINGS FOR TICKETS WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER 2023 – so please check back for details at the beginning of the the Autumn Term.
Each ticket will need to be booked in advance and will admit one prospective student and up to two accompanying adults.
Please ensure you bring your ticket (including QR code) with you to the event (either a clear printed copy or on your phone). Ticket QR codes will be scanned at the entrances.
TO BE UPDATED
Open Evening 1
Open Evening 2
Open Evening 3
Due to ongoing building work at the College there is unfortunately NO PARKING ON THE COLLEGE CAMPUS other than for Blue Badge Holders who are requested to park in the Rushworth Road College car park. Please email email@example.com if you are a Blue Badge holder so we can reserve you a space.
There are several public car parks within easy walking distance from The College. See the Council’s Reigate Car Parks website for locations.
Please note the Morrisons car park in Reigate town centre has a two hour limit, so it is advised NOT to park there to avoid being fined.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE HOMEBASE CAR PARK ON RUSHWORTH ROAD.
Local bus timetables (link to Surrey County Council website)
Reigate Train Station is a couple of minutes away by foot. Train information can be found at www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-and-trains/trains
Address: Reigate Sixth Form College, Rushworth Road, Reigate Surrey.
Postcode for sat nav users RH2 0QF
1. Please ensure you have your tickets (with barcode) with you (either a good quality print out or on your phone). Barcodes will be scanned on arrival.
2. Please pick up our latest prospectus (if you don’t already have one) and a campus map when you arrive and allow around 2+ hours for your visit. Please remember, the event ends promptly at 8.30pm.
3. If you wish to hear one of the Principal’s Talks (at 6.15pm and 7.15pm) please queue outside the Rispoli Theatre for a ticket. These fill up extremely quickly.
4. If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk (see more info below), please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm and 7.45pm start.
5. There will be an Information Fair on the ground floor of the Independent Learning Centre, with staffed stands for the following areas: Admissions, Activities Programme, Careers, Competitive Sport, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Learning Support, Mentoring, Students’ Union, Transport/Bursaries and Careers/Work Experience.
6. Due to the number of visitors on site we are unable to offer guided tours. Please use the campus map that you will be given on arrival to work out a plan of which departments to visit, via a self-guided tour. There will be plenty of staff stationed across the campus to help with navigation.
7. Please use the QR codes on the back of campus map to guide you to more information, including our A to Z course finder and a link to films we recommend watching to give you some background to the College.
8. It’s recommended you talk to staff and student representatives for each of the subjects you’re considering.
9. You might want to include the following in your tour: Lindley Sports Centre, Independent Learning Centre and Supported Learning Centre (first floor Priory Building). The College’s sports fields are near Reigate Priory Cricket and Tennis Clubs, but these are unfortunately not open to visitors as part of our Open Events.
You will be given a map of the College campus when you arrive, to help with navigation to the departments you’d like to visit, and there will be plenty of students and staff available to help with directions. Take a look at our Virtual Tours of the College (note the latter will be updated once the current round of building work is completed.)
We recommend watching the College’s overview film and others as an alternative to the Principal’s Talk https://www.reigate.ac.uk/news-media/video-gallery/
If you wish to attend an Aspire Talk – for students who are likely to achieve an average GCSE score of around 6.2 or above, please head to the first floor of the Independent Learning Centre for a prompt 6.45pm or 7.45pm start.
The Aspire Talks will give an insight into how the College supports its most academic students.
Can I arrange a visit during regular College opening hours?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visits during College opening hours. This is because of the likely disruptive nature of having visitors appearing during timetabled lessons.
What should I do if I don’t get to talk to the staff I need to during the Open Event?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an appropriate member of staff will email you back at the earliest opportunity.
How long should I allow for my visit?
You should allow 2 – 2.5 hours for your visit. Please bear this in mind if planning on arriving later in the evening. The evenings will finish promptly at 8.30pm.
We’d love to hear your feedback on how you found this year’s Open Events. Please follow the link to take our two-minute survey.