Reigate College’s 2020 Sports Awards ceremony would have been held on 6 May. As we weren’t able to meet in person, we’ve put together this video instead.
This goes a small way to acknowledging the huge achievements of the College’s sports stars. A sincere thank you to ALL the players and coaches, across each of the College’s 12 competitive teams, for your commitment and professionalism throughout the season.
With so many positives to take from the season, here’s a very brief round-up:
- The Men’s 1st Football Team entered lock-down top of the league and were on course for a second successive league title.
- The Men’s 2nd Football Team was level on points with Godalming at the top of their league.
- The Men’s 3rd Football Team had a cracking season, and particularly enjoyed beating the College’s 2nd Team in the Cup!
- The Women’s Football Team was in the top half of their league board all season and reached the 4th round of the AoC knock-out competition.
- The Men’s Rugby Team fielded two teams this year and had great wins against Caterham, Collyers and Esher.
- Led by new coach Neil Hobbs, the Women’s Rugby Team was placed 2nd in the AoC 7s tournament at Worthing Rugby Club.
- The two College Netball teams won the majority of their matches, with great shows of skill, attitude and commitment.
- The College’s Basketball team had wins against Hurtwood House School, St John Baptist and John Ruskin
- And the Mixed and Men’s Hockey teams had an excellent season, led by coach Wendy Russell.